Blockchain technology is revolutionising the way individuals and organisations interact with each other. And Quant is leading this revolution. We’ve already developed the world’s first blockchain operating system (OS) that not only interconnects blockchains but also legacy networks to blockchain. Now, we’re building on this platform (called Quant Overledger
) to help governments, organisations and individuals across the globe benefit from the true potential of an incredibly powerful technology. With Overledger, processes in every sector, from Financial Services to Healthcare provision, become faster, safer and more cost-effective. Headquartered in W.London, Quant Network is a member of the Oracle global start-up ecosystem, and an Amazon AWS partner.
It’s an exciting mission: developing a technology that is truly changing the way the way the world connects. But it’s challenging, too. Which is why we’re looking to expand our development team with experienced developers. We need the support of people who not only share our vision, but who are intellectually flexible and tenacious; people who revel in problem-solving. People who can think laterally and challenge norms.
Successful candidates will work as part of a highly-able and close-knit team on a mixture of platform enhancements, customer solutions, and research & development activities. Our core technologies are based around a micro-services architecture orchestrated in a containerised environment.
Skills – mandatory
- Translate requirements into design, ask stakeholder questions, disambiguate specs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in order to be effective
- Take an active hands-on approach to all aspects of the development lifecycle including technical design, development, testing, through to production environments
- Minimize accumulation of technical debt within any component we design, own or build and identify and implement optimizations to increase automation for future development
- 2+ years commercial experience of software development (preferably in financially regulated businesses such as the Banking or Insurance market)
- Experience with REST API and RPC development
Additional Desirable skills/attributes
- Knowledge and experience with common Agile techniques and concepts: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment processes and working on both greenfield and existing architectures (including strong Git, GitHub experience)
- Good written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and occasionally externally in a professional manner
- Have programming experience, particularly in Spring Boot Java
- A good understanding of Microservice architecture/MongoDB/AWS/Springboot/RPC
- Knowledge of (at least one of) development in R3 Corda/Hyper Ledger Fabric/Ethereum and/or demonstratable interest in DLT/Blockchain or related technologies and business applications
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- Knowledge of any of Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMq, EMS, Kafka
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience of low-level development and associated paradigms (sockets, threads, async protocols, error handling)
- Exposure to Test driven development, Behaviour driven development, Test Automation, Secure by design approaches
- Exposure to large scale, high volume, multi-threaded and highly distributed systems
- Involvement in open source development and may even contribute to one or more repos
- A self-starter, efficient and innovative
- An original thinker
- An enthusiastic and able problem-solver
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to lead where appropriate
- A keen learner with a strong desire to upskill in a variety of software development techniques
Not only will you be working with a small, but rapidly growing, team, in one of the most genuinely exciting – and challenging – areas of technology today, but we are committed to the philosophy of CPM (continuous performance management). This not only helps us to develop team performance that will keep us at the leading edge of the technology, but ensures that every employee has the opportunity to maximise personal development and career growth. We also offer a competitive salary, and an agile working environment.
At Quant Network, we’re looking for people who see things differently, are intellectually agile, inquisitive and curious, and who are instinctive collaborators. If you think this sounds like you, then we’d like to hear from you.