- Overledger to address major limitations of single-chain technology – lack of interoperability; single ledger dependence, and increase risk to business
- Overledger is the only platform that facilitates internet-scale development of decentralized, multi-chain applications
- Quant Network team to host a one-hour live Online Engagement event for investors and developers on Wednesday 21 Feb 2pm GMT to crowd source feedback from valued stakeholders
Quant Network – London-based technology start-up – this week unveiled the first iteration of its highly anticipated Overledger Whitepaper 0.1 that outlines their plan for developing the blockchain operating system that will address major limitations of single-ledger technology including interoperability and single-ledger dependence.
Not since the internet itself has a technology shown such promise and elicited such excitement than blockchain technology. While the potential of blockchain technology might seem endless – there are certain limitations.
“One of the major limitations of current single-ledger technology that Overledger will address is the inability of blockchains to communicate and working with one another otherwise known as interoperability,” explained Gilbert Verdian, Quant Network CEO and founder of the Blockchain ISO Standard TC307. “In order to unlock the true potential of blockchain technology, we need to enable seamless communication across multiple blockchains as well as the recognition of transaction across blockchains.”
The Overledger Whitepaper V0.1 outlines an innovative solution to the problem of single-ledger dependency with the new Overledger technology which can be applied for the design, deployment and execution of multi-chain applications.
“Enabling the development build multi-chain applications will be a true game-changer for blockchain technology,” said Colin Paterson, Quant Network CTO and co-founder.
“It signals a new era of increased security, privacy, and efficiency of data that will not only empower businesses but offer individuals a level of control over their personal data that we’ve not yet experienced.”
“Overledger is an agnostic platform that connects the world’s networks to blockchains and ensures you’re not limited to any single a vendor or technology,” explained Quant Network, Chief Strategist, Paolo Tasca. “This unlocks exciting opportunities for businesses by giving them the flexibility to expand and migrate to new technologies; increase their resilience by operating across different technologies and manage ledger fees.”
The team also announced they will be kicking-off a monthly, hour-long online engagement events where they will open the floor to feedback, new ideas and suggestions from investors and developers on Wednesdays 21 February 2018 2PM GMT via Facebook Live .
The Overledger operating systems has been designed over the last 12 months by the Quant Network team composed of industry experts – Colin Paterson, Gilbert Verdian and Paolo Tasca.
The whitepaper was the result a year-long effort by the team who joined forces in 2016 to bring their vision of the blockchain operating system of the future to life. Their combined expertise and in-depth knowledge of this space is unparalleled.
- CEO – Gilbert Verdian has been working in Cybersecurity for 20 years at CIO/CTO/CISO level in Financial Services, Governments, Consulting and Industry. He’s also the founder of the Blockchain ISO Standard TC307 where 40 countries are working together to develop the Standard.
- Chief Strategist – Paolo Tasca heads up the world’s largest Blockchain Centre at UCL, The Centre of Blockchain Technologies and is a Digital Economist with an economics background in central banks
- CTO – Colin Paterson is a technology innovator with a 20 year background in Information, Cybersecurity and AI working in Financial Services, Government and Industry.
The team at Quant is committed to collaborating and forming strategic partnerships that address the challenges that hinder the potential of blockchain technology. As such they have recently joined the Accord Project well as formed a partnership with the HUW Humberg University to address the evolution of smart contracts to cross-chain contract treaties which are key, as we move away of single-ledger dependency.
We’ve been hard at work on the idea for Overledger for a long time now.
Quant Network CEO & Co-Founder Gilbert Verdian joined forces in 2016 with leading experts – technology innovator Colin Paterson and digital economist Dr. Paolo Tasca to form an unparalleled team who share vision and are dedicated to developing the block chain operating system of the future that provides a secure network with appropriate levels of controls which allowed for levels of trust between parties and entities.
- Create Overledger to enable interoperability of blockchains and existing networks
- Create an ecosystem of community and enterprise driven multi-chain applications and users
- Connect the Internet to Blockchain through Overledger
We’re excited on what the future holds and what we can create together. The end state is the ability to facilitate human-to-human and machine-to-machine trust to transact with each other securely and safely.
Media: Loucineh Mardirossian