Blockchain technology is changing the way individuals and organisations interact with each other. And Quant is leading this revolution. We’ve already developed the world’s first blockchain API Gateway which both connects enterprise applications to DLTs and interconnects DLTs together. Now, we’re building on this platform (called Quant Overledger) to help governments, organisations and individuals across the globe benefit from the true potential of incredibly powerful technology.
Headquartered in London, Quant Network is a member of the Oracle global start-up ecosystem, and an Amazon AWS partner.
It’s an exciting mission: developing a technology that is truly changing the way the world connects. But it’s challenging, too. Which is why we’re looking to expand our Engineering Team. We need the support of people who not only share our vision but who are intellectually flexible and tenacious; people who revel in problem-solving. People who can think laterally and challenge norms.
The role is a mid-level technical management role.
- Line-manage 5-7 engineers against our management framework
- Train and coach others in the department to become team leads and tech leads
- Work with our People Team to grow the cross-functional team of engineers
- Create a learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Help improve our lean and agile development processes
- Work closely with scrum master on daily stand-ups with engineers, QA, UX, Business owners and Product managers
- Work closely with scrum master on retrospectives and planning sessions
- Ownership of team cycle times, throughput and defect rates
- Communicate with Business Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other engineers on development progress
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
- Communicate progress within the team, spot issues as they arise and facilitate solutions to these
- Commitment to a start-up culture/vibe with a sense of ownership & engagement
- Wants to work with people building great solutions and sees writing code as just one aspect of this
- Must be self-motivated, efficient and innovative
- Ability to break down problems in a structured fashion into smaller tasks, solve them, whilst taking on challenges and showing initiative
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player capable of working as part of a team or leading pieces of work or project tasks where appropriate
- Cares about their work and the team around them, and how they are perceived by our customers
- Develop strong understanding of Quant Network’s technology product suite and be able to ideate the optimal solutions
- Honest, dependable, and loyal to the company’s vision
- Professional, diligent and goal driven with a track record of successful technical hands-on delivery
- Eager to continuously listen and learn, with a willingness to upskill in a variety of software development techniques alongside our experienced engineering team
Additional Desirable Skills/Attributes
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager and coach to at least 3 engineers
- Experience of AWS-based development
- Experience of working in a lean and agile team with a strong focus on continual improvement
- Experience of building a team; devising job specs, interviewing and selling the company
- Commercially astute
- Experience with TDD and continuous deployment
At Quant, you’ll join a highly engaged and motivated Engineering department, working in one of the most genuinely exciting – and challenging - areas of technology today. Currently, our small teams are 100% remote (temporarily due to Covid-19) and employ high-quality and meticulous Agile practices and iterative development. All of our developers are intellectually agile, inquisitive and curious, love a challenge, are instinctive collaborators and love to continuously develop their skills.
The Technology and Tools You Will Be Using
Tools: Helm, Git, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ, Postman, Clubhouse and Miro
Tech Stack: Spring Boot, Java, JS, NodeJS , PHP and VueJS.
Platform: Kubernetes, AWS, Oracle
Databases: Mongo and Postgres, amongst others.
Not only will you be working with a small, but rapidly growing, team, in one of the most genuinely exciting areas of technology today, but we are committed to the philosophy of CPD (continuous performance development). This not only helps us to develop team performance that will keep us at the leading edge of the technology but ensures that every employee has the opportunity to maximise personal development and career growth. We also offer a competitive salary and an agile and family-friendly working environment.
At Quant we are committed to employee physical and mental well-being, not only will you have unlimited access 24/7 to our employee assistance program, but you will also have access to free online fitness classes; free online GP services; healthy eating plans; as well as discounts on other gym memberships and equipment amongst other discounts.
We Believe in Different
Quant Network is built on difference. Our technology is different; our vision of connectivity is different; our developers think differently. That’s why we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. And it’s not just passive support: empty words to bolster a corporate brand. It’s active support, evidenced by facts such as that our workforce is approximately 50% female, and that we have a truly international team, with over 10 languages spoken. Basically, we welcome anyone who can contribute to helping us achieve our mission – to change the way the world connects.